Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Powered by Talcura
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
A leader among independent schools, Appleby College delivers an outstanding education to its 750 boarding and day students in Grades 7 to 12 located in Oakville, Ontario. Appleby’s mission is to educate and enable young men and women to become leaders of character, major contributors to, and valued representatives of their local, national and international communities.
Tutors at Appleby College are committed, responsible, highly motivated and academically well qualified. Expectations for this position include:
- Proven and relevant academic experience
- Demonstrated experience in working with ESL students
- A proven ability to have a caring rapport with students, Grades 7 to 12
- Strong communication skills
- An enthusiastic and productive work ethic
- Ontario Teachers’ Certificate preferred
- Post-Secondary Education at the University level
- Teacher education training (B.Ed., M.Ed.) or significant teaching experience in another setting (i.e. University, College)
- Ontario College of Teachers (or equivalent) an asset
- Subject Knowledge
- Pedagogical Variety
- Breadth of Engagement
- Technical Expertise
Thank you for your interest in Appleby College. Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. As a condition of employment, a criminal record check is required.